1. Hillary gets completely shut out of primary votes that might go her way in Florida and Michigan. (Already happening.)
2. Barack wins nomination as Democratic Party’s candidate for President.
3. Hillary refuses to give up without a fight and goes to the “stare decicis” U.S. Supreme Court, which decides, “Stare schmarey – we’re taking over the election.” By a 5-4 split they declare Barack’s nomination null and void.
4. Democrats discover there is no longer time to hold a primary and new convention before the election. They apply to the Supremes for a delay in Election Day.
5. Supreme Court says, “Hey, stare decicis, dudes! Election Day has already been decided upon as the first Tuesday in November since forever. To assure the smooth and fair functioning of our democracy, we cannot change the date of Election Day, even though we’ve decided the Democrats have no legal candidate. How many times do we have to tell you guys, 'Don't mess with Florida?'”
6. The United States gets a one-party election. By some odd coincidence, McCain becomes President.
As I said, this is only an paranoid nightmare. It's unfounded.
Or is it?